Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Looks

     Have you ever had that feeling someone was staring at you and you had no idea why. Well I do. When I was younger I never had that problem. No bumps or dark spots at all. My mom had that bumps but no one in our neighborhood seemed to care. She was just another normal person who lived in the neighborhood. I had an aunt who stayed over on the next block. She also had NF1 and like my mom no one seemed to care.

     The 70's was a good decade to live in for me. Some of the 80's were to until after the bumps started to form. People in school thought I had the measles or chicken pox. I told them if I did I wouldn't be here now would I. They just shrugged it off and left me alone after that. I had some great friends in 7th and 8th grade. We would play tag right before school started. The day of graduation I went over to my group of friends and said good bye to them. Some shock my hand. Some hugged me and told me good luck. It was then I realized that most of them never asked me about my bumps. As I walked way and prepared to leave junior high a smile came to my face. I really enjoyed those years.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment